Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Monday's Musings...

Hello lovelies! I feel so overwhelmed and grateful for all the kind words of encouragement following my last post. Sometimes it's just nice to get a warm, virtual hug when feeling a little down in the dumps! You are all very much appreciated, and I feel very touched that you took the time to write. I have picked myself up, and dusted off yesterday's disappointments. Today is feeling a lot brighter!

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I recently redecorated the master bedroom. I thought that it was done and dusted, but as I'm getting used to it I realise that it is not quite finished. It is still evolving! I really want it to feel more sumptuous and layered, and it seems that the white wall just isn't cutting the mustard. I have been toying with the idea to wallpaper the white wall against the deep, dark teal of the other existing wall, and I think I've finally found a wallpaper I love. Made by Pip Studio, it is not the cheapest, but then one can see why! I received four samples in the post, in four different colourways, and the difficult part is choosing one....They are absolutely yummy!






































My initial preference was for the green background, which I still love, but the light blue seems to sit very comfortably next to the teal wall. Then again, I don't want the comfortable option, I want a bit of drama, and the dark blue would add just that, as the it makes the bright colours pop. Oh dear....This is going to take a while me thinks! In the meantime, I have framed these beauties to sit nicely up on a shelf whilst I make up my mind! (And to give me time to save a few pennies!)






































I have at last found a home for my beautiful lead glass clock though. It was a gift from hubby thirteen years ago when I gave birth to our daughter. For the last few years it has been stored away, as I was never able to find just the right spot for it. At last it now happily resides next to my bed! The deep colours seemed to have come to life up against that dark wall.






































If you can lend me any words of wisdom with regards to a choice of wallpaper, please do!  I hope your Monday is full of cheer. Onwards and upwards!

Blessings


1 comment:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful! I adore that you're using shoes as decor.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!