Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

Frivolous Fripperies


If there is a quote that sums me up, this is it. I wake up every morning with the urge to create 'something'...'anything'...It's like a deep need that cannot ever be met. I make something, I feel satisfied, but after a while a deep hunger sets in for another creative pursuit, and so the cycle continues. And, I do it because it makes me happy. I find solace in the quiet times spent thinking up new fripperies...Sometimes I make something wholly useful, and then other times it is just a little bit of frivolity...making what some may refer to as 'silly decorations', or 'unnecessary objects'.

* frippery: definition 

a tawdry or frivolous thing; 
a silly decoration or unnecessary object


This past week I felt compelled to give in to my creative urges again...I think this time it was brought on by tactical thoughts of procrastination...a need to avoid doing the ironing, a job which I loathe! So, instead of putting on my apron like a good 1950's housewife, and dragging the laundry basket closer, I cranked up Absolute '80's on the old Roberts radio, and made some fripperies to tart up my sewing corner.






































Floral flags of frivolity...




























A few golden touches...
An old box and crown gets the gold treatment...




























Newly printed Polaroids in a frame...




























An afternoon spent doing what makes me happy!





























Are you a frivolous fripperies creator too? I know I'm not the only one! And as we speak, I'm already dreaming up new ideas...bring on the glue, bring on the paint! Let's make something new until we faint! Ahem...perhaps only once I've tackled the ever growing Everest pile of pants!

Blessings



1 comment:

  1. I am precisely the same way - ditto for writing/blogging, which is a very good thing because, for a plethora of reasons, I'm more often able to write/blog than create. Mind you, that is of course a form of creating unto itself.

    May you always have plenty of time to craft and create, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!